Practice and Teach with Wisdom and Grace Patrick and Carling offer a guided, open-ended journey into the flying side of the yoga practice. Gain a comprehensive understanding of inversions, exploring every why, why not, and how-to. In this training you will build a new level of comfort in your own inversion practice and walk away with the tools needed to safely share the joy of going upside down with your students.
We will explore two paths in this training:
- The path of liberating your own practice through the physical efforts needed to build your inversion practice
- A path of manifestation, studying the ideas, alignment, safety techniques, communication skills, and developing a keen eye for looking at bodies as you prepare to share your knowledge with others
Come prepared to be an active participant. Through hands-on movement, practice, readings, lecture and discussion, this training will create a shift in your body, mind and spirit. Let’s fly!
- Examine the benefits of inversions
- Master physical alignment of inversions
- Investigate varying inversion alignment principals and theories
- Effectively prepare students for inversions using:
- Targeted strengthening
- Prevent injuries and build classroom environments that keep students safe
- Assess readiness for an inversion practice in others
- Build your expertise to offer skillful modifications of inversions for all bodies
Wednesday, May 17- Sunday, May 21
Cost: $825 (Enroll before March 20th for the early bird rate of $725)
Workshop Refund Policy
Withdrawal/cancellation from any workshop with more than 24 hours notice will be credited or refunded at 50%. Withdrawal from an event with less than 24 hours notice (or failure to attend) will not receive any refund or credit. Please arrive on time for workshops. Arriving later than 10 minutes after scheduled time may result in loss of your enrollment. Thank you for your understanding.